Re: Surviving WW I Pilots ?

Jon (jon@nbnet.nb.ca)
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 02:32:40 GMT

On Sat, 7 Oct 1995 17:28:32 -0700, Mark wrote:

<snip>

> It would be interesting to see what, if any, familial connections
> that others on the mailing list have with the Great War.

My maternal grandfather served with (I believe) the
42 Regiment in the Canadian army during the Great War.
Unfortunately, my grandmother was tight lipped about the
situation and even my mother knows little, she was only
three years old when he died.

I do know he received the DSO metal but for what reason
I have yet to find out. All the information I have is a photograph
of his grave, he died during the month of April, 1918.

I just saw the photograph this summer. I didn't even know
mother had it. I'm am now trying to track his path down. The
only clue I have so far, is the day he died and the unit he
was attached to.

Jon
* AVIATION ENTHUSIASTS ARE JUST PLANE CRAZY!!! *