Re: Italian Roundels

Michel Lefort (Michel.Lefort@ping.be)
Mon, 09 Oct 1995 16:14:04 GMT

On Mon, 09 Oct 95 11:45:29 EDT, you wrote:

>Confusion reigns as I get deeper into my SVA.5 project.
>
>The roundels I was planning to use from the Ministry SPAD decal sheet have a green inner dot and a red outer circle. Nearly every other reference I've seen on Italian aircraft shows a green outer circle and a red inner dot. The only exception is the Glencoe SPAD reference, which shows Baracca's machine using the same roundel as the decal sheet. Question is: did the SPADs have a different roundel than the Capronis, SVAs, and Nieuports? Or did Ministry get it wrong by using a bogus reference? Any help appreciated!
>
>Bill Ciciora

For what I know, the two types of roundels were used by the Italians
during WWI. The only problem is to have good photos of the particular
aircraft to be modelled to be sure of the type to use.
Hope that helps.
Regards, Mike

Michel Lefort <michel.lefort@ping.be> - Braine-l'Alleud, Belgium
http://www.ping.be/~ping1076
A bus station is a place where the bus stops. A train station is a place where the train stops. Why do they insist on putting a workstation on my desk? I wonder...