Re: hello and Q

Allan Wright (AEW@unh.edu)
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 08:41:20 -0400 (EDT)

> Saw your page on Blue Max... nice job!
> As I looked at it I wondered if you might know something I've been trying to
> find out about the early SPADs. I have read in numerous places that there were
> problems of some type with the Hispano-Suiza engine on that plane, but I've
> never found out what that problem was. Do you know, per chance?

Jim,

I'm not personally aware of any 'problems' with the H-S engine on the Spad
VIIs (other than it being typical for a WWI engine and therefore suspect
when compared to 'modern' engines. I'll forward your question to the WWI
modeling mailing list - they should know the answer - if anyone does.

-Allan Wright

(WWI mailing list people - this message comes from:
jlcunni@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu (James L. Cunningham)
he does not subscribe, please include him in a cc: for any replise. Thanks, Al)