Re: UPDATE: FSM WWI Special

Allan Wright (AEW@unh.edu)
Thu, 26 Oct 1995 10:09:54 -0400 (EDT)

> So, please give me an idea of what you would be willing to pay for a 96 page
> magazine along the lines of FSM's WWII special. There are a couple of
> options here (and feel free to make up your own combinations):
>
> 1. Glossy paper, with color pics (ala FSM)
> 2. Glossy paper with B&W pics and a color pic section (like a Windsock with
> several pages of color in the center/cover)
> 3. Glossy paper with B&W pics (like Over the Front)
> 4. Regular paper with B&W pics (like C&CI)
> 5. regular paper with B&W pics (like WWI Aero or newletter/zine)

FYI, Just picked up at the newsstand: Airpower Magazine Novenber 1995
Volume 25 No. 6 $3.50

World War I Combat Edition - 55 Pages, Glossy B+W with 4 Page (8 sides) color
section in the middle. Does a pretty good job of overviewing all of the major
planes of the War - small articles on each - 1 to 2 paragraphs with a photo
or line drawing. Not much of interest for this crowd - but for $3.50 I
picked it up as it had a FEW photos I didn't think I had other places in my
collection. Plus it's good to show people who might get 'hooked'.

-Al