Re: WWI AFVs

Michel Lefort (Michel.Lefort@ping.be)
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 16:44:59 GMT

On Wed, 25 Oct 1995 09:50:45 -0400, you wrote:

>It struck me with all of the conversation on the Mk.I vs. Mk.IV & the Ft17 &
>A7V, that there should be a book, the equivellent of the Harleyford series,
>on World War I AFVs.
>
>Anyone know if there is? If not, should I add it to my list of publishing
>projects? (I can see it now, I am going to become Ted Turner by publishing
>WWI military equipment references ;~)

Here are the books that I know of :

AFV 1914'19
Various authors
Profile Publications Ltd, 1970
ISBN not known

War Cars, British armoured cars in WWI
David Fletcher
HMSO, 1987
ISBN 0-11-290439-4

L'aube de la gloire, les autos-mitrailleuses et les chars francais
Alain Gougaud
Musee des blindes de Saumur, 1987
ISBN 2-904255-02-8

Landships, British tanks in WWI
David Fletcher
HMSO, 1984
ISBN 0-11-290409-2

Ceux des chars d'assaut (history of the French tanks)
Corlieu-Jouve
Tallandier, 1932

Hope that helps.
Regards.

Michel Lefort <michel.lefort@ping.be> - Braine-l'Alleud, Belgium
http://www.ping.be/~ping1076
A bus station is a place where the bus starts. A train station is a place where the train starts. Why do they insist on putting a workstation on my desk? I wonder...