Re: What I'm working on

Allan Wright (AEW@unh.edu)
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 16:21:23 -0500 (EST)

> My three most recently completed kits are;
>
> Aurora 1/48 Fokker Triplane - straight out of the box plus rigging.
> This plane was built for the expressed purpose of attempting to cure
> a severe case of Advanced Modelers Syndrome. It seem to have helped.

Bravo - we all need more of that from time to time.

> Hasegawa 1/72 Messerschmitt Bf109G-6 This plane won our local club,
> IPMS Vancouver, B.C. Canada 'any 1/72 Bf.109 kit' contest. It won me a
> trophy and 'Big Mouth' rights and the obligation to choose the next the
> next Big Mouth Contest subject. I chose 'any 1/72 helicopter'.

Shame on you for not naming: 'any 1/72 some_WWI_plane' :-)

As long as we're confessing, I have 2 other models on my bench I didn't
mention, mainly because they're complete except for rigging. I like to sit
down and do several A/C at once. That way I can put one wire on each in
succession while the others are drying. usually I do 3 or 4 at once.

The other 2 are: an Airfix Re-8 and Avro 504K Night Fighter conversion from
the Airfix 2-cockpit trainer kit. I filled in the extra cockpit, added a
wing mounted lewis gun - up-engined it with an aeroclub engine, modified the
cowling slightly, etc.

-Al