Emhar kits

Charles Hart (hartc@spot.colorado.edu)
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 16:49:35 -0700

Al, you wrote:

>Rosemont Nieuport tripe resin (taking my time to makeu sure I get it right)
>and Emhar 1/72 Antra Ansal DS. BTW, does EMHAR do any other 1/72 WWI?

The Emhar release of the Anatra is the latest re issue of this kit, the
"original" release being from a concern calling itself Red Star that
released this kit along with a Lagg-3, Yak-3 and Mig-3, all in 1/72 scale.
These kits were perhaps the last new molds made by Frog before they went
under and their molds went to the (then) USSR and their kits were released
as NOVO. However, the four above mentioned kits were not part of the NOVO
deal (something about lack of payment or something like that). After
sitting a few years in limbo the set of four emerged as Red Star kits. I
don't know when the switch to Emhar took place. It seems as though they
have pretty much been available constantly since Red Star hit the street.

Details of this saga are found in Brad Hansen's very good,
unfurtunately now dated and very much out of print book "World War I in
Plastic", published about 1979 and no don't ask, I'm looking for a copy
myself.

Charles

hartc@spot.colorado.edu