Re[2]: the 2F1 Camel at the IWM

Gerald P. McOsker (amadon@pcix.com)
Mon, 20 Nov 1995 18:18:23 -0500

Earlier today Hiro wrote concerning the Camel 2F1 at the IWM:
>Hmmm... You say the 2F1 at the IWM has unsymmetrical nose.
>Is not it minority version?

The nose of this Camel is not unsymmetrical in shape. It is the same nose
basically as on the other Camels. It doesn't have the two Vickers. The left
hand opening which would normally contain the Vickers MG is open. The right
hand opening is covered over.

>Is Aldis sight same as telescopic sight? or a rod with ring and star? or a
>simple sighting rod?

The Aldis sight was, I believe, a telescopic sight.

Hiro- your English very understandible.and much better than my Japanese
which has about 20 words.

Cheers. [In this group we often say Cheers when signing off- it is a
British term used when going away or when drinking and we all[ oh well most
of us] are fantasy pilots in the RFC or RNAS. Nicht whar?

Gerry McOsker- Newport Rhode Island.

"Solvency is valueless without security and security is impossible
without solvency." W.S. Churchill