Re: Lozenge: Dumb Questions

Richard G. Ivansek (agrafix@ix.netcom.com)
Sun, 3 Dec 1995 22:47:37 -0800

You wrote:

>1.) I just can't seem to get all of those air bubbles out from under
my
>lozenge decals. I've tried many methods, and so far I've simply poked
and
>prodded with needles and Solvaset to get those bubbles out, but
there's
>always one or two I have to shave off later, then having to mix and
match
>paint for touch up. Is there a secret I haven't been let in on?
I don't know what the others do, but while the decal is still wet with
decal set, I press it very firmly with a soft cotton cloth (like a
T-shirt scrap). This seems to work very well and lets the decal conform
to all of the ridges and groves with no trapped air ( you could even
see the moulded fabric texture on my 1/72 Revel D.VII). Always use
"micro sol" and "micro set".
>2.) How about those trailing edges? Is it as easy as cutting out a
near
>perect match from the decal sheet? Shrinkage(?) has spoiled my efforts
along
>the TEs before, maybe there's another way?
Put the decal on and let the edges hang over. When it dries sand the
edges with 1000 grit wet dry or finer and the excess will peel off.
Then just touch up the edges.

>Scott
>IPMS 32841

I hope I've been of some help.