Re: Obsolete WW-I kits

John Huggins (huggins@Onramp.NET)
Mon, 18 Dec 1995 00:43:06 -0600

>Lee Hanson wrote:
>
>>Years ago (8+) I recall seeing some very impresive WW-I airplane >kits at a
>local shop.

>This sounds like the Hasegawa "Museum quality" kits. I think there were 4
>diffrent kits, and I hear they are very good. I think I saw at least one of
>them advertised in the latest Squadron flyer, so they are available. Contact
>them.

The kits in question are what Hasegawa calls "Interval Production Kits"
They are released from time to time, and only a limited number of them are
sent to the importers. The distributors in tern get a limited number of
them, and on and on.

The price tag has gone up over the past few years and they are now in the
$800.00 to $1000.00 price range. Check the mail order houses. They often
list them at a discount when they are available.