Re: Applying WWI German lozenge

Boeke Joseph R (boeke@coral.bucknell.edu)
Fri, 15 Dec 1995 09:27:41 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 14 Dec 1995 ENDYL@delphi.com wrote:

> I think the mask method using an airbrush would be a nice way to go, but the
> decals sure make it a lot easier.

I hadn't thought about this, but a few years ago, I did a 72nd model of a
Saab Viggen (no hisses please, at leats it wasn't a Me109). The paint
scheme was a splinter camoflauge job, which I air-brushed on (what a pain
in the neck :)

At any rate, I suppose that the same could be done with lozenge. In
fact, when I finish painting my son's "rocking" bi-plane (a HB W-12) that
how I will have to finish it (unless my wife decides that the paint
scheme doesn't go with the room ;)

Has anyone successfully tried this (in particular, on a 72nd scale
plane)? It would probably work better in bigger (flying) scales.

- Joe
boeke@bucknell.edu

P.S. Has anyone heard back from Edward Hawkins? I am starting to wonder
if my e-mail is working?