Re: Reply to Stephen Tontoni

Greg Springer (gspring@ix.netcom.com)
Sun, 31 Dec 1995 11:57:05 -0800

You wrote:

>Sorry I stepped on your toes! It was most unintentional! If I knew
more
>about what the 1/72, 1/48 scale business was all about, maybe I'd like
it,
>too. I built my first model airplane in 1937; however, I missed the
>miniature plastic/metal era and I know little about it. And, yes!
Crashing
>doth make "converts" of us all.....eventually! I just keep on crying
every
>time it happens. Despite the reputation of "older" men, I am open to
>learning everything I can, especially about WW-I airplanes. Thanks for
your
>letter. We'll talk again, I hope.
>
>Doc

Not to worry Doc. Stephen was writing in a humorous vein. The
'flights' he refers to are the ones that a static model takes when just
one too many things have gone wrong. The landing is indeed the
problem! I've never 'flown' one but I once smashed a B 26 with a
recalcitrant metal finish by grabbing it by the fuselage and smacking
it across the edge of my work bench.

Cheers!

Greg 'All the world is my friend for I am a brewer.'