Re: SE5as

Don Rinker (drinker@fast.net)
Fri, 12 Jan 96 19:07 EST

Just a few suggestions:

Some of the American Units; true its PC10 but the have some nice markings

Home defense SE-5's. Same splashy markings

Post war Se-5's used as SKYWRITERS.. Now there IS an idea !!! Get a smoke
system too. THis plane would be legal for Rhinebeck now that the rules have
opened up.

On Fri, 12 Jan 1996, djones@iex.com (Douglas R. Jones) wrote:
>I am currently working on a 1/6 SE5a and I need some suggestions for
>markings etc. I am going to buy the Datafile on the SE5 (assuming I can find
>one) but would like to know if there were any planes with a more 'colorful'
>scheme than the generic PC10 over dopen linen. If not, which pilot/squadron
>had the splashiest markings? I know some of the Sopwith Pups used in
>training squadrons were very colorful! So even something along these lines
>would be great!
>
>TIA,
>Doug
>'I am a traveler of | Douglas R. Jones
> both Time and Space' | IEX Corporation
> Led Zeppelin | (214)301-1307
> | djones@iex.com

Silver Hill Historic Aviation Ltd. | Research - Documentation
4051 Ivy Lane | Photography - Paints
Easton, Pa. 18045 | Antique Instrumentation