Re: Whippet

Jesse Thorn (thorn@nando.net)
Tue, 9 Jan 1996 09:39:31 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 9 Jan 1996, Jose Valenciano wrote:

> 1) Does anyone know of the availability of replacement (resin?)
> tracks for the MARK IV? If they're available, I'd like to know
> from who and for how much. The tracks used on the Mark IV and
> Whippet were identical. The Mark V's were 6 inches wider and
> overhang the sponsons a bit. Any suggestions for gluing this
> rubbery track parts together? (rubber cement?)

I think The Model Cellar makes/made injection molded replacement
tracks for the Ehmar MK. IV at about $30+ a set.

The Model Cellar
PO Box 388
Horsham, PA
USA 19044
phone (215) 672-1432

I believe they recently advertised a 1/35 St. Chamond in resin, too! I
took one look at the price and realized it would deplete my monthly food
budget.

The Whippet is reviewed in the recent FSM. The reviewer did the tracks as
follows: secured them to the sponsons with rubber bands; immersed the
assembly in hot water to relax the tracks; and then used superglue to
attach the tracks to the sponsons.

--Jesse