Re: Fokker Dr.1 Colours

Mick Fauchon (ulmjf@dewey.newcastle.edu.au)
Thu, 4 Jan 1996 22:39:47 +1100 (EST)

Mark,

> Finally...speaking of the recent holidays...could one of our Aussie or
> Canuck friends enlighten me as to just what the hell is Boxing Day?

Ah, well! As far as I understand it, Boxing Day, the day after
[oops! I almost said "aft of".....heh-heh 80)] Christmas Day, which was
traditionally a family event, was the day when presents were "boxed", i.e.
wrapped, to be taken to friends outside the immediate family.

Here
> in the U.S. 12/26 is traditionally observed by going to the mall and
> exchanging/returning the gifts you received the day before.

That's probably more like what it means here by now as well 80)
On the other hand, it could have something to do with those ingrates, large
and small, moaning about what the did/didn't get, and getting their ears
"boxed" 80)

This does not
> <<normally>> lead to fisticuffs, though in a crowded store, filled with
> stressed out people, it probably happens occasionally ;-) Inquiring minds
> want to know...

So do you know now?.....80)

Cheers,

Mick.

-- --
Mick Fauchon | Internet: ulmjf@dewey.newcastle.edu.au
Reference Section, Auchmuty Library | Ph (intl+61+49) 215861
University of Newcastle, AUSTRALIA | Fax (intl+61+49) 215833

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
M M
M M
M Yosemite Sam : "Cut out that Army talk!..Yer in the Navy now!" M