Re: Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

Bill Shatzer (bshatzer@ednet1.osl.or.gov)
Tue, 2 Jan 1996 20:27:27 -0800

>Hi Brad and welcome!
>
>You wrote:
>>
>>Happy New Year from an old time WWI enthusiast and a neophyte computer
>>user.
>
>That pretty much describes me as well.
>
>>Some of you may be familiar with a book I wrote back in 1979, WWI In
>>Plastic.

I missed Brad Hansen's original message which apparently never showed up
at my site but I'd like to add my 'huzzahs' and thank you's to Brad for
a most marvelous book. I got mine in the 1986 second printing with the
'nifty' 12 'updates' in it and quite honestly, its one of the most used
and most enjoyable books I own. Best twenty bucks I ever spent and I've
always secretly hoped for a third edition, or at least 'update 13'.

I've also always held a secret hope that someday a visit to the hobby
shop would reveal a new WW1 kit produced by 'Auklet' - Brad's mythical
but always hoped for kit production company. (Most of the kits on
the list have been done by now, Brad, but we're still waiting for the
'R' class Zeppelin <hint!>)

Anyway, welcome to the list and thanks again for keeping the flame alive
during the 'dark ages'. It's almost heaven now - I now have more
WW1 kits available than I have time to build 'em, something I couldn't
have imagined saying 15 years ago. We have Brad Hansen to thank, at
least in some small measure, for that!

Cheers,

--
Bill Shatzer - bshatzer@orednet.org -or- aw177@Freenet.Carleton.ca -
"Most any experience from prison life is transferable to political life,