Central Powers Model Images
by Jean-Baptiste Verlhac


Albatros D.III

Kit: Eduard (1:48)

This is an Albatross D.III (Eduard 1/48).


Albatros D.V

Kit: Eduard (1:48)

You will find enclosed some photos of an Albatros D.V (Eduard 1/48) displayed with engine compartment opened.


Albatros D.V

Kit: Eduard (1:48)

Albatros D-V (Eduard 1/48)


Albatros D.Va

Kit: Eduard (1:72)

Enclosed You'll find pictures of a recently completed Albatros DVa model using Mark Miller 3D rendering for the painting Scheme. It's the 1/72 Eduard profipack model built almost from the box


Aviatic Berg D-I

Kit: Choroczy Modelbud (1:72)

Enclosed you'll find the Aviatik Berg from Choroczy Modelbud (1/72). I've slightly modified the late model from the 38 series in order to make the one of the first model (38-02). The struts were also replaced because the provided ones were too thick. I've choosen this paintng scheme because I was reluctant to apply those hexagonal decals...


DFW C.V

Kit: Ardpol (1:72)

Enclosed you'll find some photos of a recently (almost ) finished (it lacks the id plate) Ardpol DFW CV (1/72) . I've used the artwork depicted on the back cover of the Windsock datafile for the camo scheme and I'm definitly not sure about the turquoise green shade!!!!


Stör's Fokker D.VII

Kit: Roden (1:48)

Fokker DVII in Jasta 68 (Heinrich Stör) markings.

Hansa W.29

Kit: Flashback (1:48)

You will find enclosed photos of the Flashback Hansa W29 (1/48) . The kit has been extensively modified and corrected as Flashback made a lot of confusions between the prototype, early and late versions. I used the Windsock datafile as a reference for the modifications. The major problem of that kit is the shape of the fuselage which lacks about 2 mm in the middle (vertically). I added evergreen in order to correct the shape. The bulges around the gunner comparment are also wrong (prototype version) and must be sculpted with epoxy putty . The control surfaces corresponding to an early version are scratbuilt from plastic card using the Windsock plans as a template. Two little round shaped openings are made behind the front cooler . The floats are also detailed with Evergreen. The quality of the resin pieces is very good, but the short -run injection parts are really very thick and I'd a lot of work to reduce the thickness of the wings to a correct one!!

The kit was painted with a mixture of Humbrol paints. I used Pegasus navy losange decals for the upper surfaces. The tricky part is the glueing of the floats, because all the arms have a wrong lenght!!! A part from the inaccuracy and fit problems, I really enjoy building this stange bird.


Halberstadt C.V

Kit: Ardpol (1:72)

Enclosed you'll find two 1/72 Ardpol resin models : a Hannover C V and a Halbersdadt CV, both in german markings . The construction of these models was very simple , only the rigging of the Halberstadt was time consuming


Hanover C.V

Kit: Ardpol (1:72)

Enclosed you'll find two 1/72 Ardpol resin models : a Hannover C V and a Halbersdadt CV, both in german markings . The construction of these models was very simple , only the rigging of the Halberstadt was time consuming


Pfalz D.III

Kit: Eduard (1:48)

Pfaltz DIII (eduard 1/48 first offering)


Up | Chez Jean-Baptiste Verlhac | Gallery | Home