Allied Aircraft
by Alan Pask

Up | Chez Alan Pask | Gallery | Home

Hanriot HD-1

Kit: Eduard (1:48)

Built mostly OOB with fishing line as rigging. Scratch detail built around the tail skid using plastic card. Colour scheme was copied from various sources from the internet and does not depict any specific pilot. There was some debate at the time I built this as to whether the light green should be grey so I compromised and went for a greeny grey.

Curtiss JN-4 Jenny

Kit: Lindberg (1:48)

I bought this one from ebay without the box or instructions so I must thank the list members for their help in building this kit. Decals were from a Testors Spad XIII and some numbers I found amongst my stack of left over decals. The serial number was a typical number rather than a known one from an actual plane as I could not make up the correct numbers depicted on the box art. Rigging is fishing line and plastic card and stretched sprue was added to the engine detail. It took a long time to build this one but I am delighted with the result.

Nieuport 23 (Russian)

Kit: Eduard (1:48)

Built OOB with kit’s decals all except for the rudder which was scratch built. There was nothing wrong with Eduard’s rudder but unfortunately I dropped it and somewhere in its journey between my fingers and the carpet it entered a crack in the space time continuum and ended up in another dimension where it no doubt encountered all the other bits of plastic and PE I had lost over the years. I must say this was by far the biggest thing that had ever gone that way and several years later it still has not re-appeared. Rigging was fishing line and paints were Humbrol.

Sopwith Triplane

Kit: Eduard (1:48)

Built OOB with fishing line as rigging, a superb kit by Eduard. I used Eduards decals depicting the aircraft shown on the box art. Painted with Citadel acrylics although the pictures show the PC10 darker than the model is in real life.

Spad XIII Early version

Kit: Testors (1:48)

I originally built this kit as per kit instructions out the box as the American post war version. After acquiring another Testors Spad XIII kit I came up with the idea of building an early Spad by adding bits of the wings from the second kit. The fuselage was kept the same except for a scratch built Vickers but the wings were removed and re shaped to how an early Spad XIII should be. Fishing line was added for rigging. All markings were hand painted. Of course Eduard have since released an Early version Spad XIII and there are one or two details I may have got wrong with mine. The side ‘2’ numbers may have been red not black and I have also seen the ‘2’ on the top wing different colours. Still this was my first ever attempt at building something other than what the kit manufacturer intended and I am very pleased with the result.

Up | Chez Alan Pask | Gallery | Home