Misc. Late War 2 Seaters
This page of cellaneous late war 2 seaters is of models built by
Click on any thumbnail for a larger JPEG image.
Two seater ground attack aircraft
Unidentified Schlasta, Western Front, 1918
- 1/72 Scale "Joystick" vacform kit.
- Fuselage lengthened 1/8" to "Roland license built" version standards
- Cockpit areas are entirely scratchbuilt with the exception of "Tom's
Modelworks" photo etched control stick grip, foot pedals, instrument panel
bezels, seat belts, etc. Balance constructed of plastic sheet, rod, strip,
and sprue. Kit pilot's seat was used. Cockpit coaming is green putty, seat
cushions are from "Duro" epoxy putty.
- Control surfaces were all cut out and re-positioned in operating
- Vertical stabilizer, rudder, all struts, and landing gear are
scratchbuilt from plastic strutstock and rod material. Bungie cord shock
absorbers are from thread.
- Rigging is entirely clear stretched sprue, fixed in place with white
glue, and selectively painted.
- Five color pre-printed lozenge fabric and national insignia are
decals from "Americal/Gryphon". Unit insignia is made up from black deal
film custom cut to desired shapes.
- Paints are "Humbrol" and "Floquil Military Color" mixes. Weathering
with paint, pastels and colored pencils.
Return to Steve Hustad's 1/72 Models Page