Kit: Eduard (1:48)
I'm amazed that i could cram so many mistakes into one build.(can you spot them all?) My choice to use the kit lozenge decals was out of pure laziness (they were pre-cut) and i should have known better then to take their instructions to rib tape the ailerons and horizontal tail (my bad)
markings for a Jasta 68 a/c shown in profile on page 38 of the DVII anthology #3. I just had to try modeling and weathering an a/c covered in decals.
Figure is by Hecker&Goros
Kit: Eduard (1:72)
My interpretation of Voss' F.I using the Eduard ProfiPACK version and The Roseplanes update. in the end the only part i used from the update was the horizontal tail. I've stared at the supplied cowling for longer and more intently then a pic of Salma Hayek and still cannot see the difference from the kit cowling (at least not to justify it's replacement). I used a sanding stick to 'modify' the kit cowling. the ailerons are of the smaller area variety but lack the larger balance horns. i ended up using the kit upper wing, cutting back the aileron trailing ends and adding card stock to the balance horns.
Paints are Vallejo and Humbrol custom mixes. To replicate the Fokker Streaks i first dry-brushed my humbrol mix then airbrushed over it with a very thin mix of the same. a bit too dark i think, but i feel the overspray makes the streaks a bit more to 'scale'.
Big thanks to Terry Phillips and Aaron Weaver for their article in OVER THE FRONT vol.20, #2 (invaluable)
Kit: eduard (1:48)
this is Eduard's Dual Combo offering of the Tripe (with updated pics)
Ltn Eberhard von Stapenhorst's Dr.I 144/17
my sloth kept me from adding some details (lower wing and rudder patches, etc.) so pre G.125 it is