Kit: Eduard (1:48)
I painted the camo with Misterkit paints. The fuselage is painted with Model Master wood with a thinned mixture of acrylic burnt umber brushed over. This may take a few tries until you are satisfied with the result. The mottling is done with a stiff brush and a few different greens and browns. Decals from Eagle Strikes Albatros part 3 sheet. Rigged with monofiliment and some of Bobs buckles. Cooper replacement wheels.
I know it looks like an aerial clown car, but I had to do this scheme after seeing it in the Osprey book on Jasta Boelcke by Greg VanWyngarden. The yellow dots were punched out of decal sheet with a Waldron punch. Most of the exterior is painted with Misterkit and the interior is painter with Model Master . This was the first model I painted with Misterkit and it was very nice to work with. Rigging is monofilament and some of Bobs buckles.
The kit is the new 1/48th scale Early Fokker DVII from Roden. Built mostly
out of the box with the exception of some of the decals. The upper wing
crosses and the winged swords are from the spare decals box. I used several of
the techniques and reccomendations from the Aerodrome forum. The streaky green
Fokker camo that is around the cockpit was painted with a brush and the rest of
the kit was airbrushed with Testors paints.
The old grey panel boxing of the Pfalz DIII. P/E used as much as I thought needed.
Combination of Eduard & Aeromaster decals. Rigged with monofilimant and Bobs buckles.
I mixed my own silbergrau as my Misterkit bottle was dried out.I used Modelmaster Acryl
aluminum mixed with light gray. I am happy with the way it turned out.
I wanted a model of this a/c in my collection. I used the Profipack version of the kit
which included the grey stripes as well as lozenge. I rigged it with monofilament and
Bob's Buckles. The lozenge didn't adhere all that well and needed help around the ailerons
with some diluted white glue. The orange diamonds were a bit translucent. I added some
white diamonds I cut out from decal film underneath to help with this. I ran out of rib tape
decal and still need to add it to the leading/trailing edges of the wings. I drilled out the
vents and added the plumbing for the radiator as well as fuel lines on the port side.
The kit is the Eastern Express boxing in 1/72 scale. I scanned the Pegasus
sheet and printed them on
Testors decal paper. I added seatbelts, a windscreen, and all the assorted
handles and footpegs found
on the aircraft. I found the winter 2006 volume of Over The Front very
helpful with this build.