Kit: Revell (1:72)
Attached are some pics of my latest for my first submission to the WW1
site. Revell's 1/72nd Dr.1 that I started about 10(!) years ago. It got
stuck in a box when I moved from Canada to the UK in 1997 and forgotten
about until a few weeks ago when I decided to finish it off.
I used parts from Revell's new-tool Dr.1; namely the engine, cowling,
wheels, axle wing, wingtip skids, interplane struts, tailskid, and ammo
chutes. The prop is carved from two pieces of 1/32nd inch plywood
laminated together with an etched prop boss, the horizontal stab is
scratchbuilt and the cockpit is detailed with Tom's Modelworks and
scratchbuilt parts. Guns are from a Tom's Modelworks etched set, rigging
is stretched sprue, landing gear and cabane struts are brass Strutz
Paint is Humbrol Olive Drab over Xtracolour Clear Doped Linen with the =
bottom in a mix of Testors Duck Egg Blue & Humbrol Light Blue (I think -
it's ten years since I mixed the paint!); decals are from Blue Rider.